Eleventh Annual Country Tea

Tonight we had the Eleventh Annual Country Tea.  (This is my second attempt at this post, so I'm sorry if it is uninspired.  I don't know why it didn't save the first time.  Bummer, blogspot.  What's up?)

This was the second country tea I've attended and if I would have known what I was missing I would have been at every single one of them!  And no men allowed (except the butler.  Who else would serve the tea?!) So Hubby was not invited.    


Look at the beautiful china!


My place setting.

My phone pictures don't do the food justice.  It was fabulous.  

The tea that was served this year was Babington's Royal Blend Black Tea.  We also had Veuve Clicquot Brut.  

Welsh rarebit.  This was delicious.  Our hostess said that it was a very traditional dish but apparently that was the only part of the background that stuck with me as I dug in to the first cheesy food I've eaten in a very long time.  (Sorry baby, but it was SO GOOD!)

Then came the Assorted tea sandwiches and savories
Ham and cheese on corn muffin
Pineapple and walnut
Egg salad
Shrimp salad
Devils on horseback

My favorite was the pineapple and walnut.  

And then Cameron decided to let everyone know that he didn't nap well today and throw a bit of a fuss.  So I missed my photo of the next course.  Pretend there is a picture of 

Fig and honey scones, cream scones and crumpets served with Strawberry-rhubarb jam, Key lime curd and double Devon Cream

My mouth is watering just thinking about the cream scones and key lime curd.  


And then we had dessert. 

Mini toffee-apple pie
Chocolate-raspberry tartlet
Biscotto al cioccolato
Rum cake

The chocolate-raspberry tartlet was my favorite.  It was so good that I had two.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how full you are, if there is a dessert tray that comes around, you take a second chocolate-raspberry tartlet.  At least I do.  

The company at the event was awesome, too!  I think this was the largest tea attendance so far.  Laura and I both commented how strange it is to be in a photo not holding a baby.  My baby is my best accessory lately. 





Poor Audrey.  I guess this is an example of why babies start off small.  Then you get plenty of practice holding them so you don't pull their dress up in pictures.  Sorry girl.  

Hey, Claire!  I told you I'd get a picture with you!

Hubby got Cameron dressed for the event.  He said that Cameron told him "If I'm going to be the only guy at this country tea, I'm going to dress like a farmer!"  Grandpa Ruben would be so proud.  

Did I mention that Hubby got a goody bag?  No need to feel bad for him that he wasn't invited.  Donna takes care of our husbands, too.  

Another awesome tea party.  I'm already looking forward to next year.