5 months!


We didn't do a photo shoot today because my little man isn't feeling too hot , but I promise we'll do a "5 month" shoot before he turns 6 months. :) 

I can't believe it's already been 5 months!  

So to celebrate I made a pumpkin pie! 



So when I took this it maybe wasn't quite done.  Or it was done in one spot and not anywhere else.  Anyway, I put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes and that did the trick! 

It's not the prettiest pie ever.  I don't think anyone will be chasing me down to buy one for Thanksgiving.  And there may or may not be a coating of burnt pie mix on the bottom of my oven now.  Betty Crocker didn't tell me that there might be too much mix for my crust.  She also didn't tell me that if my oven rack isn't exactly straight (apparently it isn't) that the filling will just run right out! 

Oh, not to mention my inexperienced attempt at covering the crust with tin foil. I didn't do a very good job at that either and it ended up baking into the pie.  So when I went to pull it off, I also pulled off chunks of pie.  

So after all of this I was a bit frazzled.  But my house will still smell yummy like pie, right?  Hubby came home and I was excited to tell him that I was baking a pie.  I was in the living room with Cameron.  Before I could say anything he shouted at me 

"Hey!  Something smells burnt!  What did you burn?!  I'm opening the window!"  

So now I know not to overfill the pie.  Good thing I have more pumpkin so I can give it another try.  Maybe in a different oven.